3/16/09

There's something

I've been reading recently about the bonuses being paid out to some of the people at AIG. And I read this.


American International Group Inc. will pay $450 million in bonuses to employees in its financial products unit. That division was at the heart of AIG's collapse last fall, which compelled the U.S. government to provide $173.3 billion in aid to keep it running.


Now theoretically you could argue that you need these people to fix the mess that they caused. But I'm actually getting tired of the idea that the only people on earth who understand this stuff are the people who work on wall street. This isn't the creation of Quantum Mechanics where even though the initial math wasn't particularly hard, you have to get over non deterministic causality. This is math, particular math, but math non the less. Give some damn good math people some books, tell them that they have a couple of weeks and then let them go at it. I can't imagine that its that difficult. Lots of people do this stuff they are not magical unicorns prancing through the fucking liquor forest.

And then I hear this.

Chief Executive Edward Liddy told Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in a letter dated Saturday that the next payments to employees of the financial products unit -- whose woes caused massive losses at the giant insurer -- are due on Sunday, and added "quite frankly, AIG's hands are tied."


There are people out there called lawyers who from my understanding can twist the law into all sorts of fun shapes. Use them. If you don't it indicates that you don't want to.

This stuff makes me so angry that the hair on the back of my head and arms stands up, rippling like the god damn African savanna. If I could I'd get these people chained and make them walk a fucking Gauntlet.

No comments: